Thursday, June 12, 2014

Origins 2014: Day One

     My first day at Origins this year has come to a close. I just wanted to give the dealer's room a once over and visit with friends. In addition to talking to all my friends that I happened to run into, I got to tell Carolyn Stogdill of Hack Princess that I enjoy her blog. I don't play or run Hack Master, so I can live through her stories, and it is nice that here is someone who loves the game and here is this cool thing that happened at the table. Also, the modified fortune cookie fortunes are pretty cool. While I was at the Kenzer & Company booth I decided to try Hackmaster. Their setup was amazing and as we ventured through the labyrinth we gained party members (Hey, wanna try this, we could use a hand) and eventually escaped with the wizard making a noble sacrifice. It was fun, but I don't think I would feel comfortable enough running it, it was a little heavy on the crunch in my opinion.

     Of course, I realize as I am leaving that I did not take any pictures, so got one of the outside of the convention center. Hopefully I will not be so absent minded tomorrow. I am planning a basic schedule even as I push send. Take care and hopefully I will see some of you later this week!
Ps. I am hoping to run at least one pick up game of Labyrinth Lord at the con, let me know if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment