Saturday, July 16, 2011

The Nature of Celebrity?

I am gonna ramble a bit here, please forgive me. I have met celebrities in my time, and what I have discovered is that they are just regular people. My artist friends are "celebrities" in a way, but other than incredible talent, they are just like the rest of us. I know folks who resemble or look far more attractive/sexy than current sex symbol celebrities, the only difference is the "celebrity" has far more exposure.

Some people seem to feed off the attention, for them they put on their public face and perform for the masses. I have at least one friend like this, and when we are at a convention and a fan stops him, he puts on his "face" and usually the fan gives me a look like "Why are you here?". I try to ignore it, but more often than not I will let him do his thing just catch him later.

Everyone has something they can do exceptionally well, they just need to recognize it. Back in school I was friends with a very pretty girl, and we would talk quite a bit. I discovered that while she was very attractive, she did not feel like it and was very insecure. Years later, she still is and I have a hard time being around her for very long because of it.

So, I think we can agree that movie stars are attractive and sexy, artist and musicians are amazing, but what is there if that is taken away? Parkinson's, Alzheimer's, hell just a disfiguring car accident can change that, where will the celebrity be then? I feel this reality show business is out of hand, people need to stop stalking celebrities, but also celebrities need to stop using their status to get away with stuff.

Alright, I will stop there. Take care guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment