Friday, May 2, 2014

Trying out some new paper

     So on a recent trip to an art store to get some supplies, I found a spinner rack full of Fabriano notebooks of varying sizes, comparable to the Moleskine rack. What really got my attention was the notebook full of dotted paper, and the isometric possibilities that may hold.
     I immediately began thinking how I could work it in an isometric fashion, so far to no avail. I did, however, start using it to do these types of overland maps. This is not the finished map, obviously, I decided each square will have a point of interest to it. Well, maybe not every square but most.
     When it is finished I will scan it, but since it is just getting started I figured I would just snap a quick picture. I started with penciling an isometric grid and then either adding rough detail in pencil then inking over it (the town and farm buildings) or free handing in ink (the forest and it's details) Let me know what you think and if any of you have any experience doing this. Thanks guys and take care!



1 comment: